Our History

Our Beginnings

 

In 1953, banWhite House of Music 1953d director Bruce White, along with Bob Sommers, started our first store, Waukesha House of Music in downtown Waukesha.

Jerry WhiteIn 1961, Jerry White joined the business and bought out Bruce’s portion in 1963, enabling Bruce to return to full-time teaching. Jerry changed the name of the business to White House of Music, Inc. and spent the next 23 years building and improving the business.

 

Growth

In 1967, Roger WhiteRoger White joined the staff as a salesperson with the responsibility of developing the school music business. After 25 years of service to the company, Jerry White decided to retire, and Roger purchased his portion of the business. Shortly after Roger became president, the White House of Music merged with its longtime, friendly competitor, The Waukesha Music Center. Inventory was moved to the Grand Avenue location in 1987.

 

 

 

Movin up

In November 1992, White House of Music moved into a 20,000 square foot, custom-White House of Musicdesigned building on Springdale Road near the Interstate. In July 1993, White House of Music, Inc. was named to the All-Star Team of the Top 20 music stores in the USA by Music, Inc. Magazine. The Company has rated in the Top 200 every year since.

Family

Third-generation family member Christopher White became a minority owner of White House of Music in February 1997. Later, he became vice president and led the company in a positive direction by joining the Alliance of Independent Music Merchants. Around that time, White House added a second location in Watertown to maintain a stronghold in the company’s band and orchestra division as well as capitalize on the growing community and its needs for musical products and services. White House of Music has been a presence in the Watertown area since 1968, through its service to the area schools.

Future

In July 2001, Christopher acquired the remaining shares of White House of Music and became its president and CEO. Tracy White was named Secretary and Roger and Lynn White remained on the Board of Directors. Within a month, the company purchased GW Music, Inc. of West Bend. The West Bend store name was changed to White House of Music, Inc. and it continues to offer a full selection of music products,Guitar Wall repair, and lessons.

In June 2007, White House of Music merged with their long-time competitor, Beihoff Music Company, which was founded in 1924.  Together they offer a 137-year tradition of providing superior customer service, products and music education at five full-service retail stores strategically located to serve southeastern Wisconsin’s music community. 

With the merger, White House of Music broadened its reach within the eight-county greater metropolitan Milwaukee region, while also strengthening and enhancing the services and products available to customers at each of the five retail locations. In addition, the merged company will continue to serve instrument rental customers throughout Wisconsin facilitated by a statewide dealer affiliate network established by Beihoff Music. 

Today, White House of Music offers an array of music products and services through five convenient locations. We sell band and orchestra instruments, digital pianos and keyboards, guitars, amps, drums and percussion instruments, print music, and accessories. A staff of professional instrument repair technicians will provide excellent care and maintenance of your musical instruments. White House will continue to be a strong proponent of music education, offering in-store lessons from private teachers, affordable instrument rentals, and innovative music education and enrichment programs tailored for infants through seniors. We look forward to furthering the White House Mission of providing “Music for Life” to all of our customers!

 

 

 












Home About Products Lessons Rentals Repairs Events Contact Privacy-Policy
© 2017 White House of Music - All Rights Reserved.